Monday, January 14, 2008

Line Project For Second Grade





For this project as part of a unit on the Elements of Art I displayed several works of art that I thought had an interesting use of line. We had a class discussion on the use of line in the examples of art displayed. "Is the line curvy? Part of a pattern? An outline?" Then I had the students complete a worksheet on line. They had to draw eight types of lines. I also asked each student to come up to the board and draw on a piece of large paper a line different from all the other lines on the paper. This paper was built upon by my classes throughout the week, so in the end we had over 100 types of lines. For the final piece each student will drew 8 line patterns in pencil on 3”x3” paper, traced in crayon, and matted on black 11”x14” paper.

No comments: