Monday, December 24, 2007

Dale Chihuly Flowers





As many of you know who have been to Las Vegas, Dale Chihuly has an installation here in the Bellagio. I attempted this fall to recreate a similar installation in my art room. This was a ver successful project for my first grade students as their first art project with me. My first grade students created a coffee filter Chihuly flower. I sprayed the coffee filters with water and had the students create designs and patterns on the filters with old markers. Once the coffee filters are dry; the student will punch a pipe cleaner through the center of the filter, and twist in loops. The flowers will be displayed bunched together hanging from the ceiling.Check out http://www.chihuly.com/index.html for video and pictures of his work!

No comments: