Monday, November 12, 2007

Who I am and How I Got Here

My name is Liza Camhi and I am an art teacher in Las Vegas. I have been teaching for 3 years in the Clark County School District and have been working with children for 8 years. I am originally from Buffalo, NY: which is where I earned my BFA in Painting at SUNY at Buffalo and my teaching license at SUC at Buffalo. I currently in the middle of my Masters program at UNLC in Curriculum and Instruction: Art Education.
Being an art teacher is an everyday challenge, passion, opportunity for growth, and can sometimes seem impossible. That is why I am creating this forum. As a new art teacher I have been through the uphill battle of the job search, the interviews, the cross-country move, teaching without a classroom, teaching in a multicultural urban setting, and dealing with behavioral issues concerning my students. I want to share the information I needed when I was dealing with these challenges with both new teachers and experienced art educators.
I will be posting my experiences, lesson plans and curriculum, stress management tips, job search information, and any other topics concerning art education.

No comments: